The purpose of the logo is to make it easy for consumers to identify and support BC agri-food and seafood products. Having a logo license is a pre-requisite if you wish to apply for the cost-shared funding available through the Buy BC Partnership Program.
Please note, licensing applications require at least 3 business days to process. If you intend to apply for the April 2021 Cost-Shared funding intake, you MUST submit your licensing application BEFORE March 30, 2021 at 4:00pm. All logo licensing applications submitted after that date will NOT be processed in time.
To be considered for a Buy BC Logo License, applicants must:
- be a BC-based: industry association, board, or council; agricultural fair and/or farmers’ market; agriculture, food and beverage, and/or seafood retailer, wholesaler, or distributor; or other not-for-profit agriculture, food and beverage, and/or seafood organization; OR
- be a BC-based: primary agriculture and/or seafood producer or cooperative; or agriculture, food and beverage, and/or seafood processor;
- have a head office in BC or be entitled (including being appropriately registered, licensed or certified, as appropriate) to do business in BC; and
- be selling or marketing one or more products grown or processed in BC
Are you an Industry Association, Board or Council?
Eligible for the Marketing Buy BC Logo License:
- Industry association, board, or council; agricultural fair and/or farmers’ market
- Agriculture, food and beverage, and/or seafood retailer, wholesaler, or distributor
- Food hubs and other processing facilities
- Other non-profit agriculture, food and beverage, and/or seafood organization
The Marketing License enables eligible organizations to use the Buy BC logo on marketing/promotional materials to increase appreciation, awareness and support for BC agriculture and food products across the province. Please note that this kind of license does not allow you to use the logo on product/packaging labels.
Are you a Producer, Processor or Cooperative?
Eligible for a Certification Buy BC Logo License:
- Primary agriculture and/or seafood producer or cooperative
- Agriculture, food and beverage, and/or seafood processor
The Certification License enables eligible organizations to use the Buy BC logo on their product/packaging labels and marketing/promotional materials that will help consumers recognize and seek out BC products. Please note that this kind of license only allows the Buy BC logo to be used on product/packaging label and marketing/promotional materials for products that have received approval for certification.
To get your product(s) approved for certification you must complete the Cost Calculator and attach it to your Licensing Application Form: Buy BC Product Certification – Cost Calculator
Please note, for your product(s) to be eligible for certification you must be a:
- Primary Agriculture and/or Seafood Producer or Cooperative: Producing fresh food, beverage, or agricultural and seafood products which are 100% grown, caught, or raised in BC
- Agriculture, Food and Beverage and/or Seafood Processor: Processing food, beverage, or agricultural and seafood products which are processed and packaged in B.C. with 51% or more of the direct cost of producing the product in its final form (i.e. sum of raw materials, direct labour, variable processing, and packaging) originating in B.C. When the main raw materials are available in sufficient quantities from BC producers, they must be used.