IAF will not be delivering the Buy BC Partnership Program in 2023/24. For program details and updates, visit the Government of BC’s Buy BC website
The information below pertains to the 2022/23 program:
Buy BC Cost-Shared Funding is available for activities that increase the demand for, and sales of, BC agri-food and seafood products within the Province.
The Buy BC Partnership Program, delivered by IAF on behalf of the BC Ministry of Agriculture and Food, has two components: licensing and cost-shared funding. It is designed to increase the competitiveness of BC’s agri-food and seafood industry in the domestic market by supporting local marketing efforts through use of the Buy BC brand.
The Buy BC Partnership Program aims to achieve the following outcomes:
- Enable industry to undertake sector or product-specific Buy BC marketing activities to increase local market share, product sales, and consumer awareness;
- Ensure consumers can easily identify BC agri-food and seafood products at the point of sale;
- Build and maintain Buy BC brand recognition; and
- Build a greater awareness of and demand for, local food and beverage products across the province.
Once an applicant has been approved for a Buy BC logo license, select applicants can apply for cost-shared funding to help them undertake sector or product specific Buy BC marketing and promotional activities across the province. All organizations need to register themselves through IAF’s new online application portal and complete an eligibility screening before gaining access to the program application form.
Maximum Funding for Eligible Expenses
After completing an eligibility screening through IAF’s online portal, applicants will be notified how much funding they can apply for under the program.
NEW! In addition to the overall funding cap for each applicant, several Activity Categories will be capped for the 2022-23 funding cycle. These figures relate to program contributions (cost-shared funding), not overall activity costs.
- Staff wages: maximum of $2,000 for each producer/processor/cooperative applicant; maximum of $10,000 for associations for wages related to direct implementation of project activities
- Marketing collateral and promotional materials: maximum of $5,000 per applicant, for branded apparel to be worn by staff working out reach events
- Product labelling/packaging: maximum of $20,000 per applicant
- Online advertising costs (including social media): maximum of $15,000 per applicant
Ineligible Activities and Expenses
The following activities and costs are not eligible under the Buy BC Partnership Program:
- Oct 26, 2021
- Nov 3-17, 2021
- Nov 10, 2021
- Nov 18, 2021
- February 2022
- Feb - March 2022
- April 1, 2022
Notifications & Obligations
Applications will be reviewed and scored against the evaluation criteria below.
Funding provided by:
Please note: the Government of BC may, from time to time, give instructions to IAF in relation to the delivery and administration of this program. IAF must and will comply with those instructions.
Please visit the BC Government’s Buy BC website for information on other local marketing resources and initiatives.