The Buy BC Partnership Program is one of the key elements of the enhanced Buy BC Program, and is administered on behalf of the British Columbia (B.C.) Ministry of Agriculture by the Investment Agriculture Foundation of British Columbia (IAF).
The Program includes a licensing component and a cost-shared funding component. It is designed to increase the competitiveness of B.C.’s agri-food and seafood industry in the domestic market by supporting local marketing efforts in complement with a Buy BC brand.
The Buy BC Partnership Program aims to achieve the following outcomes:
- Enable industry to undertake sector or product specific Buy BC marketing activities to increase local market share, product sales and consumer awareness;
- Ensure consumers can easily identify B.C. agri-food and seafood products at the point of sale;
- Build and maintain Buy BC brand recognition; and
- Build a greater awareness of, and demand for, local food and beverage products across the province.
Buy BC Cost-Shared Funding: Project Application Deadline
Program Guide for Applicants
Program GuideFor more detailed information on the Buy B.C. Partnership Program, to include the program funding model, the eligibility criteria and how to apply, please refer to our NEW program guide
Key Changes to the Application Process
Due to the popularity of this program IAF is changing the application process from a first-come first-serve basis to a competitive basis. This shift in process means that:
- There will be an application window for Project Applications (Part B Applications): during this window, from October 1, 2019 until November 29, 2019, applicants will be able to book a maximum of 2 x 30-minute consultation calls with an IAF Program Coordinator for feedback and guidance on their application. After the application window closes, applicants will not be able to further develop project applications.
- Project Applications (Part B Applications) will be scored against a set of assessment criteria: after the application window closes all applications will be ranked. Only top-scoring applications will go forward for funding consideration. The program adjudication committee will decide which projects are approved for funding and all clients, regardless of the outcome, will be notified in mid-February 2020. All projects will have an April 1, 2020 start date and must be wrapped up by March 31, 2021
While the application process is changing, please note that the program goals, objectives and eligible activities for the program remain the same.
To apply for the Buy BC Partnership Program please complete the Program Eligibility Form (Part A) and submit to IAF at buybc(at)iafbc.ca.
Following the successful completion of the Program Eligibility Form (Part A), IAF staff will provide the Project Application (Part B) directly to eligible participants
Funding Acknowledgement RequirementsProject materials must recognize the funding provided by the Government of BC to qualify for cost-sharing.
NOTE: You are required to ensure the requirements are applied consistently in all project communications, materials and products, failure to do so may put committed funding at risk.