Program Uplift Announcement
Thank you to all of you that applied to the Buy BC E-Commerce Funding Stream. IAF received a great response from industry, so much so that the BC Ministry of Agriculture has, with immediate effect, increased the ceiling of the funding stream from $300,000 to $550,000.
All funding will be awarded on a first-come first-serve basis to those that applied during the application window until funding is fully allocated. As soon as your application is processed you will be notified of the funding decision. IAF commits to notifying all applicants prior to June 7th.
Please note that the application window is closed and we will not be accepting new applications for this funding stream at this time.
Funding Stream Information
The Government of BC has committed $300,000 to Buy BC E-commerce activities to support the immediate needs of the sector as a result of COVID-19. The program can provide up to $5,000 per applicant on a first-come, first-serve basis until funding has been fully allocated.
The e-commerce funding stream is available to agri-businesses who are not currently receiving Buy BC funding. If you have an active project under the Buy BC Partnership Program please speak with your Program Coordinator about incorporating e-commerce activities into your current project. Businesses with active Buy BC logo licenses, including those who have received Buy BC funding in previous fiscal years, are eligible for e-commerce funding. If your business does not have a Buy BC logo license, we have streamlined the process for you to acquire one. You will be prompted to fill out licensing application questions in the same form as the funding request when the application window opens.
New applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered eligible:
- Be licensed to do business in BC and have a valid BC business number
- Have at least two years of business revenues
- Be growing or processing one or more agricultural or food products in BC
- Use raw materials from BC for processing products when they are available in enough quantities
- Not be contracted to receive Buy BC cost-shared funding from IAF this fiscal year
Project Funding Amounts
The program can provide up to $5,000 per applicant on a first-come, first-serve basis until funding has been fully allocated.
Program funding is designed to cover 75% of your total project costs, with the remaining 25% coming from your business through cash or in-kind contributions. This means that for a project of $1,000 in value, you can request $750 from the program and the remaining $250 must come from your business through cash or in-kind contributions.
Please note that an in-kind contribution is defined as a non-cash contribution that is provided by the business in order to assist with the completion of the project. An example of an in-kind contribution is staff time spent on the project.
The application window is now closed, however, if you are interested in this funding stream please do take a few moments to register your interest by completing our online form. This will ensure that you are notified via email should another application window for e-commerce activities be announced.
The application window is now closed.Register your interest in e-commerce funding opportunities here.
Funding is available to support BC farmers and food processors in their adoption of e-commerce tools. More specifically:
- Costs associated with e-commerce website development to sell your business’ own made-in-BC products
- Fees associated with listing products with existing e-commerce platforms
- Fees associated with on-line payment systems for e-commerce
- Packaging materials for product shipping and related shipping costs, to a maximum of $2,000
- Costs associated with directly marketing/advertising the availability of the applicant’s products on an e-commerce website or platform, to a maximum of $1,000
Funding is not to be used for ongoing e-commerce activities that have already started or will commence before the project start date (June 8, 2020) or for general website or IT upgrades. Further, it is not to be used for:
- starting an e-commerce business which intends to sell products on behalf of other companies
- adding non e-commerce web pages to existing websites
- hosting an existing site
- credit card processing fees
The application window is now closed.
Prior to June 7 successful applicants will be notified and will be requested to sign a contribution agreement prior to the start date of June 8, 2020.
The project implementation period is June 8, 2020 – September 30 2020. All projects must be completed by September 30, 2020.
All e-commerce websites and associated marketing and advertising collateral will require review and approval prior to launching/publishing. IAF will coordinate the approval process with the Government of BC on your behalf. This may take up to one week so please keep this in mind when planning your project timeline.