This five-year Federal-Provincial cost-shared program, funded through the Canadian Agricultural Partnership, enables BC’s agriculture and agri-food sectors to accelerate the pace of innovation. It is designed to enhance the competitiveness, sustainability, productivity, and resiliency of the sector within BC. This program meets commitments under the Science, Research, and Innovation priority area of the Canadian Agricultural Partnership by investing in priority areas for innovation.
Don’t miss an announcement or update, subscribe to the Growing Today newsletter and follow us on social media:
Project Funding Amounts
There are no prescribed funding limits for a project; rather the scope of the project and scoring and ranking of the project will be used to
determine the funding contribution.
There isn’t a prescribed cost share ratio for a project, but there is a ceiling of 75 percent, meaning program funding is designed to cover up to 75% of your total project costs, with the remaining 25% or more coming from your organization through cash contributions. This means that for a project of $100,000 in value, you can request a maximum of $75,000 from the program.
Download the Program Guide for a detailed breakdown of eligible activities and costs.
Eligible activities include late-stage research and development; piloting and demonstration; and commercialization and adoption of innovative (new-to-B.C.) products, practices, processes or technologies. Eligible activities may include but are not limited to:
- Investments in applied science for major commodities within the sector;
- Improved support for minor sector commodities and emerging and transformative areas, including agri-tech;
- Enhanced efforts in clean growth, environment, and climate change;
- Accelerating the growth of the sector, particularly in agri-food and value-added food processing sectors; and
- Strengthening knowledge transfer and adoption activities of projects.
The application window is now closed.