Canada-BC Agri-Innovation Program

Assisting BC agri-food producers, value-added food processors, academia, and others in the agri-food sector industry to accelerate the pace of innovation along the innovation continuum

Program Overview

This five-year Federal-Provincial cost-shared program, funded through the Canadian Agricultural Partnership, enables BC’s agriculture and agri-food sectors to accelerate the pace of innovation. It is designed to enhance the competitiveness, sustainability, productivity, and resiliency of the sector within BC. This program meets commitments under the Science, Research, and Innovation priority area of the Canadian Agricultural Partnership by investing in priority areas for innovation.

Eligible Applicants

  • B.C. agri-food sector producers and processors
  • Industry associations/organizations
  • Retailers, wholesalers and input, technology and support service suppliers
  • Research bodies, academic institutions and/or other research organizations
  • Local governments
  • Non-timber forest resource harvesters and wildcrafters
  • NGO/non-profit groups
  • Indigenous Peoples and other underrepresented groups.
My Post Copy (2)
My Post (7)

Project Funding Amounts

There are no prescribed funding limits for a project; rather the scope of the project and scoring and ranking of the project will be used to
determine the funding contribution.

There isn’t a prescribed cost share ratio for a project, but there is a ceiling of 75 percent, meaning program funding is designed to cover up to 75% of your total project costs, with the remaining 25% or more coming from your organization through cash contributions. This means that for a project of $100,000 in value, you can request a maximum of $75,000 from the program.

Program Guide

Download the Program Guide for a detailed breakdown of eligible activities and costs. 

Eligible Activities

Eligible activities include late-stage research and development; piloting and demonstration; and commercialization and adoption of innovative (new-to-B.C.) products, practices, processes or technologies. Eligible activities may include but are not limited to:

  • Investments in applied science for major commodities within the sector;
  • Improved support for minor sector commodities and emerging and transformative areas, including agri-tech;
  • Enhanced efforts in clean growth, environment, and climate change;
  • Accelerating the growth of the sector, particularly in agri-food and value-added food processing sectors; and
  • Strengthening knowledge transfer and adoption activities of projects.

Apply

The application window is now open.

To Apply please click on the Apply Now button where you will be navigated through to IAF’s new online application portal.

Applications will be accepted until October 30, 2020 at 16:30. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.

Have a Question?

Our team is here to support you, contact us today!

Program Brochure

Download the program brochure for an overview of the Program